Catch It: Sept. 18 – Sept. 23

Thursday, 9/18:
Oscar Wilde’s famously funny farce, The Importance of Being Earnest, is premiering at the Schwartz Center at 7:30 p.m. Student tickets are $8, general tickets are $10. In case you’re still debating, Dame Judi Dench gave it two thumbs up.
Sexy writer alert: Patrick Somerville, a former Cornell MFA student, is back on campus for the creative writing program’s Fall 2008 Reading Series. (Also, if/when you get a chance, check out his book of short stories, Trouble.) 4:30 in HEC Auditorium (Goldwin Smith), and free!
Friday, 9/19:
Filmmaker Erik Zala began a shot-for-shot remake of Raiders of the Lost Ark at the age of 12. Interested? Think it sounds crazy, cool, or crazy-cool? Check out Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation, at Cornell Cinema.
Saturday, 9/20:
If you liked Daniel Tosh’s interview on Wednesday, or have some super-secret fantasies of being a fictional cop, then check out his comedy act at the State Theatre (stateofithaca.com). Not appropriate for kids aged 13 or under, so you may want to leave your (illegimate) children at home.
Sunday, 9/21:
We know, we know, it’s Sunday. But really, what’s a better way to cure that hangover and procrastinate than to head on down to Porchfest 2008? Local musicians will be playing on the porches of their music-lovin’ patrons throughout the Fall Creek area. For times and locations, check out porchfest.org.
Dino Tales! Story Time! At the Museum of the Earth! We’re so excited we got a little crazy with exclamation! Points! (museumoftheearth.org.) At 2 p.m., under “the whale.”