Catch It: Nov. 20 – Nov. 26

Thursday, Nov. 20:
Sex, studying and . . . swords? OK, it’s not quite Cornell, but it’s close: Shakespeare’s Love’s Labour’s Lost hits the Schwartz Center tonight at 7:30 p.m. for a debut performance. With fancy wordplay and puns aplenty, the story of three dudes swearing off sex for three years is a gas. Student tickets $8.
Hadag Nachash: no, it’s not a dish, it’s a band. A really good one, in fact: the Israeli ensemble has gained international acclaim for its blend of hip-hop, jazz and Middle Eastern sounds. Lucky for you, they’re playing tonight at 9 p.m. at the Noyes Center. Admission is free.

Friday, Nov. 21:
Looking to move up in Mumbai society? You might want to see Let the Wind Blow, a tale of two young men trying to climb the social ladder directed by Partho Sen-Gupta. Playing at Cornell Cinema at 7 p.m. with a discussion following. Student tickets $4.
It may not star James Gandolfini, but Tony and the Soprano is still a fine piece of work: the musical comedy tells the story of a guy named Tony and his Brooklyn neighborhood with some nods at opera along the way. Playing at the Kitchen Theatre at 7:30 p.m. Tickets $21.

Saturday, Nov. 22:
The future is now: David Zlotnick and his Cornell Automotive X Prize Team present their design for a 100 mile / gallon hybrid car today at the Sciencenter on First Street. It’s Al Gore meets Henry Ford. The event kicks off at 2 p.m. Tickets $4-$6.

Sunday, Nov. 23:
Interested in a Hawaii vacation? How about theatre tickets? You’re in luck: the Statler’s annual Monopoly Charity Auction features these goodies and much, much more: snacks, live music, even a raffle. Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 at the door.